Have you ever dedicated much thought to the details of your dental checkups that you schedule every year? Perhaps the particulars regarding how often you should schedule them and why you need them at all have been eluding you for quite some time, causing you to simply schedule them when you have time. Or, maybe you are quite the master of preventive care and can swiftly answer questions about the ins-and-outs of checkups. Find out where you stand when it comes to prevention knowledge with a fun dental quiz.
Dental Checkup Quiz: True or False?
- True or False: We suggest you schedule a dental checkup once every year, so we can keep an annual watch on your oral health.
- True or False: One of the main goals of dental checkups is to catch and treat problems early, such as tooth decay and gum disease.
- True or False: If you’re suffering from anything beyond cavities or gingivitis, you will have to schedule an appointment when symptoms appear – this is too specialized for a checkup.
Quiz Answer Key
- False. We highly recommend that you schedule a dental checkup once every six months. By seeing you twice a year, we can watch for oral health changes and identify concerns early in their development.
- True. The earlier we detect anything, from cavities to gingivitis or other issues, the easier it is to stop the problem before it results in serious, long-term damage.
- False. We look for a full spectrum of concerns during your dental checkup. In addition to seeking out signs of tooth decay or periodontal concerns, we also look for physical damage, bruxism, TMJ disorder, and sleep apnea.