When we are told to do something that we don’t want to do – even when it’s important – we often choose to ignore the issue at hand rather than finding a way to make it work. This is often the case when we inform patients that a root canal treatment is required to save an infected or seriously damaged tooth. The problem with this is that ignoring a root canal can result is severe consequences. We suggest you take a stroll through an informative quiz – it will help you become more familiar with what makes root canals so very urgent. And do yourself a favor: Remember that this treatment is completely comfortable and will rescue your oral health.
A Root Canal Quiz: True or False?
- True or False: If we suggest root canal treatment to repair your tooth but you do not schedule the visit, the need for a dental extraction will likely follow.
- True or False: Ignoring the need for a root canal can result in serious side effects, which may include an abscess. A collection of pus will form, which results in pain, bad breath, sensitivity, fever, and can lead to the spread of infection into your bloodstream.
- True or False: In some cases, if you wait too long to treat an infection, you will not qualify for root canal treatment. If an extraction is necessary, we may replace your tooth with a beautiful prosthetic after the open space has healed.
- True. Tooth infection will progress quickly, leaving us with no other option but to remove the tooth to protect surrounding teeth and restore your oral health.
- True. Unfortunately, ignoring the need for a root canal treatment can result in illness that affects your entire body, which is why we suggest you act with urgency.
- True. Whether you neglect the need for treatment or the infection is simply quite severe, tooth removal is not the end of the world. We can restore your smile with a beautiful, natural finish.