Are you using the right toothpaste? Is there even a right or wrong option when it comes to choosing the dental hygiene products you use for your daily brushing and flossing? While there is not one particular answer, there are some guidelines you should follow to ensure the choices you make for your preventive care are good for your smile. As a result, you will notice the benefits you always hope to achieve from brushing and flossing will actually come to pass.
- True or False: It’s important that you only select mint-flavored toothpastes. The other options are not quite as effective at cleaning your teeth.
- True or False: For effective dental hygiene, we suggest seeking out toothpaste that is fluoridated. Fluoride protects your teeth by strengthening and re-mineralizing them.
- True or False: When you’re not sure or you are having trouble deciding between toothpaste options, look for the ADA Seal of Acceptance as a determining factor.
- False. You may select any flavor that suits your fancy – this is one of the exciting aspects of choosing products for your dental hygiene. Remember that if you like the products you use, you will feel more optimistic about your brushing sessions.
- True. You should always choose toothpaste that contains fluoride. Due to its natural benefits, it will help you enjoy strong, cavity-free teeth.
- True. If you know it has been accepted by the ADA (American Dental Association), you can rest easy knowing the toothpaste has been tested for its efficacy.