Have you long been under the impression that you need braces to align your teeth? Perhaps a friend recently mentioned that she closed a space between two teeth and that she did not need orthodontics to do so. Can cosmetic care align your smile, you may wonder? While our treatments that are not orthodontic in nature cannot address misalignment that requires major shifting (like an over bite, under bite, cross bite, or otherwise), our services do offer improvement for small issues. See how much you know (or don’t yet know) with a fun quiz.
Quiz: True or False?
- True or False: If you are looking for a way to close spaces between teeth, you may rely on a variety of cosmetic care treatments without necessarily needing Invisalign or traditional braces.
- True or False: If you want your smile to look a little bit straighter because of minor issues – but you also want to make other improvements for issues involving discoloration or tooth size and shape – you will need to see a specialist.
- True or False: Creating a more uniform looking smile may include the use of cosmetic care to improve the appearance of alignment, in addition to addressing other esthetic concerns.
- True. We often suggest addressing tiny gaps between teeth with the use of cosmetic care treatments like porcelain veneers or dental bonding.
- False. We can generally address all of these concerns with one single treatment: Porcelain veneers. Schedule a consultation with us, so we may determine the best treatment plan for your needs.
- True. Treatments like veneers or bonding may help your teeth look more symmetrically configured. In some instances, treatments like whitening or gum contouring can also help by evening out color – or your gumline – for a uniform finish.