Are you wondering less and less about your present smile – after all, you seem to have gotten prevention and hygiene down pat – and more and more about what will become of your grin down the line? The good news is that while the future of your smile and oral health may seem like a mystery, it’s not quite as indiscernible as you might think. We encourage you make your way through our dental quiz to learn more about what you can expect of your smile and dental care (or learn that you’re already quite the expert)!
Quiz: True or False?
- True or False: There’s nothing you can do to avoid tooth loss when you become elderly – it’s simply a natural part of the aging process and how it affects your oral health.
- True or False: As you get older, we are going to require more and more visits because your teeth will become less healthy.
- True or False: At some point, you will stop qualifying for many of our treatments, such as dental implants and cosmetic dentistry.
- False. Age is not the determining factor in tooth loss. Problems that affect your oral health or the structure of your teeth are the issues. If you care for your smile, avoid gum disease, and steer clear of accidental injuries (like broken teeth from high-impact sports), you can expect your teeth to remain standing where they currently reside.
- False. Your oral health is not going to suddenly begin declining on its own just because of your age. It’s possible to maintain a completely healthy smile for your entire life as long as you are willing to put in the effort to brush, floss, and see us every six months.
- False. Again, it’s important to realize that your smile can stand the test of time. You will continue to qualify for most treatments, including implants and cosmetic treatments among others.