Do you know how to react when you notice redness in your mouth? Are you completely filled in regarding common symptoms of smile problems or do you feel like you could use a bit more education? Do you know when to contact our practice for an urgent visit or when to sit tight and see if the issue goes away? To clear things up, you are always welcome to schedule a visit with us if you are concerned about anything regarding your oral health. As for redness and how to respond, gather a few helpful details with a quiz.
Quiz: True or False?
- True or False: If you see any type of redness in your mouth, it is always important that you schedule a visit with us immediately. Do not wait.
- True or False: If you are seeing bright red gum tissue, you should definitely schedule a checkup with us as soon as possible, so we may either rule out or begin treating your smile if you have periodontal disease.
- True or False: If your tongue shifts to a vivid red color, you should schedule time to see us about your oral health. This may point to a significant underlying issue – or something very minor, like a need for more vitamins in your diet.
- False. In some instances, part of your smile may have become irritated – an issue that will resolve on its own. Or, something serious may be afoot. Keep in mind that it’s okay to use your intuition as long as you schedule a visit if a problem does not go away.
- True. Whether it’s gingivitis or a more advanced phase of this oral health disease, immediate diagnosis and treatment is essential in protecting your smile.
- True. The best way to quickly find out what Is wrong, address it, and return to oral health is to visit us. A symptom may look frightening but is generally easily treatable.