How’s your current oral health? Have you noticed that the days are getting nice and long and it’s about time to head out to the swimming pool? If so, have you been giving much thought to how summertime may affect your smile (or things you should be doing to protect your lovely teeth and gums)? To make sure you stay on track this summer, we encourage you to step yourself through our summer smile quiz, so you know for sure you are ready to have some smile-safe fun.
Quiz: True or False?
- True or False: If you want a whiter smile, so you’re ready for your summertime activities (like weddings, trips to the beach replete with tons of photos, and more), you should use over-the-counter (OTC) products, since you’re in a rush.
- True or False: If you realized your second of your twice-annual dental checkup and cleaning visits should occur over the summer but you haven’t scheduled it yet, it’s best to wait until fall. Your oral health will be fine.
- True or False: If you plan on traveling this summer, it’s easier to just pick up dental hygiene products when you arrive at your destination than trying to pack them.
- False. We suggest you set up a teeth whitening treatment with our practice. We offer super-quick whitening, which is more effective and safer for your oral health than OTC products. The best part? It takes one hour.
- False. Schedule that appointment before you get swept away with summer fun and forget. Remaining consistent with every-six-months visits is important for your oral health.
- False. Rather than showing up in a new place with a to-do list of finding a store where you can purchase dental hygiene items, we suggest you pack a travel bag with travel-size products – they’re easy to tote and will ensure you can always protect your smile.