Do you know very much about dental bridges? Have you become fully familiar with the way they function? How about what makes them different from other prosthetic tooth replacement solutions? Perhaps you are somewhat certain about candidacy requirements but a little bit fuzzy on the details. When you’re making up your mind regarding tooth replacement, it’s wonderful to feel fully informed. Let’s see how much knowledge you have soaked up so far with a quiz.
Your Bridge Quiz Questions
- True or False: A dental bridge is basically the exact same tooth replacement device as a partial, it’s just another name.
- True or False: Qualifying for a bridge generally means that you need healthy remaining teeth and that you are missing one tooth, two teeth next to each other, or three teeth in a row.
- True or False: A bridge is difficult to clean but it’s worth the trouble if you want to replace your teeth.
Your Quiz Answers
- False. While both dental bridges and partials can address multiple missing teeth, they are distinctly different in certain ways. While a bridge is fixed and replaces only one or up to three teeth (in a row), a partial is removable and can address most configurations of multiple missing teeth.
- True. If your remaining teeth cannot support the device or if you are missing more teeth (or your open spaces are separated by other teeth) then you will need a different option.
- False. It’s simple to clean your bridge. You will brush your teeth and floss – and floss between your bridge and your gum tissue to keep your oral health safe.