Do you know much about what happens when you experience a cavity? For instance, do you know how to figure out if a cavity is affecting your smile? Are you sure about how seriously tooth decay affects your oral health? Since the development of cavities is quite common, it’s an often overlooked concern by patients. Unfortunately, when neglected, this can become quite problematic for your smile. Find out what you know by testing your current mastery of decay.
Quiz: True-or-False Questions
- True or False: If you experience a cavity, you will know immediately. As soon as tooth decay begins to damage your enamel, you can feel it.
- True or False: The best way to protect your oral health is to address a cavity right away instead of waiting. As cavities progress – which they will – they make your tooth more and more susceptible to more complex issues, such as infection.
- True or False: It’s best to see us once every year or two for a dental checkup, just in case you have a cavity.
- False. The development of a cavity does not always bring any particular sensation with it. In fact, tooth decay can go on for some time without your knowledge.
- True. A cavity is a hole in your tooth that keeps growing. As it gets bigger, it provides bacteria with a greater capacity to work their way into your tooth.
- False. We encourage twice-annual visits, so we can identify and treat decay right away – we recommend inhibiting the development of this oral health issue, rather than trying to fix it once it has become advanced.