Once the day arrives during which you declare you have smoked your last cigarette, you are on the road toward a tobacco-free life. That is, if you can figure out how to quit, how to avoid smoking again, and how to maintain your new lifestyle. Have you set up a solid journey for yourself or are you just winging this one? By having a sense of helpful guidelines, you can more easily follow through with this solid choice that will help safeguard your oral health and your body. Consider some tidbits of wisdom with the help of a quiz.
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: It’s best to feel the situation out as you go, so you don’t set the expectations too high.
- True or False: If you don’t know where to begin, it’s best to avoid asking around. Too much information is just going to confuse you.
- True or False: Quitting smoking is helpful for your oral health but it’s not that helpful.
- False. The expectation is simply that you will no longer use tobacco. It’s best to have a game plan in place ahead of time, so you can stick to the details instead of feeling like you’re making huge choices without any direction.
- False. When you’re giving up cigarettes, seeking out advice that rings true with you is a good start. We always encourage you to talk with us, so we can offer helpful advice.
- False. Tobacco use can greatly impact your ability to avoid oral health problems as serious as periodontal disease and even oral cancer.