When it comes to cosmetic dentistry, this area of dental care likely causes a few common things to flash through your mind. You might visualize a whiter smile, a smile in which your teeth shape and size are both flattering and consistent, and a smile without spaces between teeth. You might not so immediately think about your gumline and how addressing your gum tissue concerns with gum contouring can improve your smile’s beauty. To find out more about how altering your gums might fix your smile, we suggest enjoying a quick quiz.
Gum Contouring Quiz: True or False?
- True or False: We offer gum contouring to improve the health of your gums if you are suffering from periodontal disease.
- True or False: The only reason we will agree to contour your gums is if you have too much gum tissue, which makes your teeth appear short.
- True or False: We rely on manual instruments to contour your gums because they are the most traditional.
- False. We provide patients with the option to choose gum contouring as a cosmetic dentistry treatment. This means that the procedure is not meant to address significant damage or disease but to improve the beauty of your smile.
- False. While one of the reasons we offer contouring is to improve a “gummy smile” it is not the only one. We may also improve problems with asymmetry, so your gum tissue is even throughout your smile.
- False. We offer gum contouring with the use of laser technology to promote faster healing, easier recovery, a decreased need for the placement of stitches, and improved precision.