When patients learn that they can receive one-visit crowns thanks to advanced dental technology, they typically feel quite excited. However, with this seemingly too-good-to-be-true option, patients also experience a tendency to feel hesitant. As a result, they ask many questions and often perform some research on their own. We can assure you that this treatment is as wonderful as it sounds. As for the details, however, how much do you really know? We invite you to test yourself to find out – what you don’t know now, we will be happy to explain during your next visit.
True or False Quiz
- True or False: The term “one-visit crown” refers to the fact that it only takes us one appointment to gather the details of your smile dimensions and decide on a material. You will still need to return for one follow-up visit for placement.
- True or False: After we gather digital impression of your smile, our on-site CEREC machine will take approximately four to five hours to mill your crown.
- True or False: The CEREC machine works for restorative and cosmetic needs – it uses solid ceramic as the material for your dental crown.
- False. CEREC crowns are referred to as one-visit because we complete the design as well as the placement all within a single appointment.
- False. Your CEREC one-visit crown is truly convenient – it will take less than two hours to complete your crown and place it over your tooth.
- True. Whether you need a front or back tooth covered for restorative purposes or to improve the esthetic value of your tooth (or both), a ceramic crown will provide a beautiful, lifelike quality.