Have you long thought that mouthwash must have some secret powers, helping to keep your smile in tip-top condition? It’s true that some are formulated to contribute to the protection of your smile (from a variety of challenging oral health problems). However, it’s certainly not a magical cure-all. Let’s explore how much you know about choosing mouthwash for dental hygiene with a helpful quiz.
Quiz: True or False?
- True or False: To compose your dental hygiene arsenal for daily care, you need a toothbrush, toothpaste, dental floss, and mouthwash. If you leave any one product out, your cleaning will not prove successful.
- True or False: When used preventively, mouthwash can help you avoid the development of frustrating problems, such as bad breath, tooth decay, and gingivitis.
- True or False: If you think something is wrong with your smile, it’s a good idea to try mouthwash as a restorative care option to address damage and return your smile to good health.
- False. You certainly need a toothbrush, toothpaste, and dental floss. However, mouthwash is optional.
- True. This dental hygiene product contains a variety of ingredients (depending on your selection) that may target the bacteria that lead to gingivitis, tooth decay, and halitosis, while helping to strengthen your teeth.
- False. While we may suggest prescription-strength mouthwash for specific problems we are treating, you will not be able to repair a diseased or damaged smile with a product from the drugstore. Instead, you need to contact us as soon as possible, so we may provide an expert-level diagnosis and care to restore your oral health.