Are you having some trouble when you go out shopping for a new toothbrush? Do you feel like you spend hours poring over different toothpaste choices because you aren’t sure which one will work and which one will not? Have you been wondering if you’ll accidentally bring home dental floss that’s just not going to get the job done? When you find yourself in doubt, default to personal preferences and letting the ADA guide you. Find out more through our dental hygiene quiz.
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: If you are deciding between two dental hygiene products, one with the ADA Seal of Acceptance and one without, it is safer to choose the one with the seal.
- True or False: The ADA tests hygiene products including toothbrushes. However, if you are looking for a seal of approval on dental floss, toothpaste, or otherwise, these products are not tested by the ADA.
- True or False: The ADA decides which products pass their standards by reading about them and talking with company owners about the way they work.
- True. The dental hygiene product with the seal has been approved by the American Dental Association as being safe and effective for you to use without worrying that it might hurt your oral health or your general wellbeing.
- False. Fortunately, you can find a wealth of products in the dental hygiene section of your drugstore that have been tested (and that have passed) the guidelines provided by the ADA. This includes toothbrushes, toothpaste, dental floss, and more.
- False. The products undergo extreme testing and research, ensuring they will provide beneficial use for those who purchase them.