Are you trying to sort out your feelings about your oral health because you’re not sure why you need a dental crown? We understand that when you receive a diagnosis and the recommendation for a crown, you may feel like you need to take a step back and to ask some questions. We will, of course, be glad to address any of the concerns or thoughts weighing on your mind. However, to see whether you know more about crowns than you think you do, let’s begin with a fast quiz.
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: If you need a dental crown but you choose not to schedule a visit with us for the treatment, you will likely find that you will require more extensive, intensive work when complications come about.
- True or False: When we suggest a crown, it is never because it seems like an easier option. It is always because you need it to avoid losing your tooth.
- True or False: Crowns are not only considered restorative. Their ability to improve the way your tooth (and entire smile) looks means they are cosmetic, too.
- True. If you need a dental crown, your tooth is already in bad shape. If you skip the procedure, your tooth is going to become more damaged and possibly infected. Avoid finding yourself in need of endodontic care by saying yes to the crown.
- True. Maybe you think the placement of a crown seems easier than a filling. There’s actually a lot of prep work that’s involved in the design of a crown. In addition, you will only receive a crown if it’s the best way for us to rescue your damaged tooth.
- True. Unless you receive a metal crown, the lifelike dental crowns available will offer the restorative care you need, while protecting the beauty of your smile. In some instances, we may suggest lifelike crowns strictly for cosmetic purposes, as well.