When we get down to the basics regarding how to prevent your child from experiencing tooth decay, fluoride is one of the key factors. If your child is deficient in this mineral, it means he or she is losing out on powerful protection against the formation of cavities. The good news is that rectifying this issue is actually quite simple. Let’s see what you know about this topic with a quiz. Of course, we suggest you also give us a call to schedule a visit for your child, so we can make sure all is well.
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: Even though fluoride is a manmade ingredient in fluoride treatments, the benefits far outweigh the fact that it is an artificial means of protecting against tooth decay.
- True or False: There’s enough fluoride in toothpaste most of the time to ensure your child is receiving adequate amounts.
- True or False: If the only drinking water your child consumes is bottled water, it is possible that your child is not receiving enough fluoride.
- False. Actually, fluoride is natural! It’s found in nature, which means it’s a perfectly safe way to treat your child’s teeth and to protect them from tooth decay. That is, of course, as long as you are following our guidelines, so your child receives the correct amount.
- False. We strongly encourage you to bring your child in for fluoride treatments, unless we determine that your little one is already receiving enough through other means. We can make this determination during dental checkups.
- True. Your son or daughter might not be receiving enough fluoride. This is because much of the fluoride we take in tends to come from community drinking water that has been treated (with the addition of the mineral).